So you had your nails done 2 weeks ago and you can't make it back to the salon to get them removed? Heres how to remove CND Shellac (the brand) at home.
- 15 minutes
- Aluminium Foil
- 2 cotton pads
- 1 Orange Wood Stick/ Teaspoon
- 1 Square Kitchen Towel
Step by Step (as seen in the video tutorial)
- Tear aluminium foil into 10 small rectangles
- Tear 2 cotton pads into 10 nail-sized pieces
- Soak each piece of cotton pad in acetone, place on a nail and wrap in foil.
- Leave to soak for 10 minutes
- Pinch & pull foil off of each finger. Remove any remaining Shellac with a cuticle tool or orange wood stick.
- TIP: REMOVE EACH FOIL ONE AT A TIME BECAUSE IT DOESNT STAY SOFT
- Rub over nails with a cotton pad & remover
- Hydrate with cuticle oil
Just so you know... not all colour gel is Shellac...
Some nails might need the topcoat filed first (just to remove shine), some might need longer to soak in the wraps, some might not even be what you thought in the first place and will take what feels like FOREVER to remove.
It's always easier to have them removed by a professional, especially if you're not 100% sure which brand was used.
I choose CND Shellac as it looks great, it's long lasting and is super simple to remove after 2 weeks. Try not to pick at your nails as this can cause white spots or peeling. Always use a cuticle oil to keep your nails hydrated and strong, whether they are painted or not, your nails will love you for it <3